Monday, November 7, 2022

I wonder---Did Cinderella wish to be a Pirate?

I believed in miracles--  like--right now---The wee fairy in the picture above, reminds me of "Cinderella"--and the song --"Bibbity Bobbity Boo"--or something like that-- and how much I used to love that story--all about Cinderella and  how she turned  into a beautiful Princess who married the Prince--I think I thought every little girl's life would be like that--I really did!

When I visit my Grand Daughters, and I see them hanging onto a young man, I want to scream at them, that there are so many opportunities  in life, AFTER high school, to learn about the world--and don't tie yourself down yet--I know they won't understand ---I know now that the more education a young woman has, the more opportunities there will be in her life in the future.--  I never realized that I had the capabilities to go on to University at that time--When I was in nursing, and my final marks came back, after graduation, the high scores shocked me-- When my children were almost old enough  to look after themselves, I signed up for night classes --University courses  with a group of teachers who were finishing up their degrees- Women's Studies--English--a science class in Enviromental studies--

I used to be like my Grand Daughters ---I wanted a boyfriend--just like the  kids do to-day--  Dad would say, "There are lotza fish in the Sea"--He also had names for various boyfriends-There was "Skip the Drip"--who would come up the beach  throwing stones into the lake, hoping I would notice him--then, "Horsey Bill" -who worked in the horse stables--- and eventually, "Fred the Med"--(Himself--)-----

My nursing Degree  helped me raise 5 wonderful children--  who all did go on to further education-- Sometimes what they thought they wanted to be, turned out to go in a different-direction--- but, they completed their education and obtained work ----Himself and I were very thankful!---Do you ever wonder about your life , when you look back?--And, what if you really were a Pirate?--  LOLOL

There're not too many pirates around, are there?--  Now, how did I ever get onto all that?---

We have a coolish day- sun-- --no leaves, and it is beginning to look like winter. - Lopez and I hoofed it up the road--almost in the dark---- 

Poor Son #2 landed in Toronto last night--and could not get to a gate to unload passengers for an hour-and the plane was full--  People are travelling for sure! ---The Airport must've been busy! 

Enough thoughts about life here-- --- I hear Sadie, that cleaning Lady- (who is --well, yu know--ME! )_ at the door-



 

15 comments:

  1. LOL! A pirate, maybe... amazing what we do and don't accept as reality when we are young, and how much wiser we got as we messed up and cleaned up after ourselves. I am grateful for all the lessons. I have no grandchildren, but if I did, I would likely have those same feelings about wanting them to make better choices than I did (sometimes), learn some lessons other than by experience. But... life is what is... humans learn as we learn, and I do believe the children who are lucky enough to have parents and grandparents who share of theirs own experiences, both successful and not, do better in making choices all their own.

    Have a wonderful Monday, Lynda. Go help Sadie... oh, my Sadie (who is me) is at the door, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My future husband and I started dating and "going steady" when we were freshmen in high school! He was the love of my life! We got married after our junior year in college and were together for 50 years of marriage before he suddenly passed away. We had four awesome kids who all finished college and have good careers....and were blessed with 7 beautiful grandkids. No regrets as I don't feel I messed up by not dating others. I had a beautiful life with a wonderful man.

      Delete
    2. And it is so good how it worked out for yu Sandra--Yu had all those yrs before he passed-- The good Lord was looking out for yu--truly-Lynda

      Delete
    3. Oh Barb!-Whatta wonderful comment!-Humans learn as we grow-- --I think winter is around the corner here!-Lynda

      Delete
  2. You had a great career choice, always trying to make people feel better! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but--I wasn't a Pirate--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Thanks for a great blog! I have no regrets, either. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how our lives turn out eh?--Lynda

      Delete
  4. My mother always told my sister and me to be sure we could take care of ourselves. She said you can marry the best man in the world, but
    if he dies, you need to be able to take care of yourself. The result of her counseling? I completed my MBA before marrying and my sister became a lawyer and never married. Unfortunately I divorced after 12 years of marriage and raised 3 children, twin 3 yr olds and an 8 yr old, by myself (he moved out of state and was not involved emotionally or financially in the childrens life), I am forever grateful for her advice. All 3 of my children have competed college and are now in successful careers. Two married and one still looking. Funny how one persons advice can impact generations to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That isa amazing story-- and you are truly an example! Dad used to tell me also that I had to have something to use to find work in case my husband passed --- but I was #3 child, of 5----Nrsing was free --so I jumped onto it-- Lynda

      Delete
  5. YES YES YES! There are lotza fish in the sea at your granddaughters’ ages! May they grow to understand that and live life and learn about life THEN make decisions about marriage and families.

    All I can say is . . . before I married I got my nursing degree, earned my Masters Degree, traveled (London and Germany and Holland), and met MANY wonderful people along the way. Wouldn’t change a thing. When I look back on my nursing career, I had SOOooooo many experiences – all different – in nursing. Med/surg, ER/ICU/CCU, home health, Quality assurance, precertification (that is one experience I did not enjoy so much) and then helping my DH track legislation that affected health care. If I hadn’t had all those experiences, I would have missed so much. If I’d settled down a moment sooner than I did, I would have missed a lot. AND for sure, always had a job as a nurse.

    I often think how awesome it would be for the older us to write to the younger us to be forewarned and forearmed about life as it proceeds on it's path!

    Well, hope Sadie doesn’t work too hard!

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all loved Cinderella. How about Snow White and Sleeping Beauty?
    Of my four kids, 2 completed college, 2 almost did...but went on to other things. They have both said they would finish "some day."
    Weather here is cold, too. Got out a winter jacket for the first time. Snow is coming for sure. We had temps under freezing overnight.
    I'm off to get gas and put Heet in the tank. It's hard when you have to park outside...and sometimes have to shovel your car out...with almost no place to put the snow cuz there's cars on either side.
    We deal, though.
    Hope Sadie doesn't work herself too hard today. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think I'd want to be a pirate. Prince Charming...well that couldn't hurt.
    You have to be able to take care of yourself. No guarantees in life.
    I know you were a fantastic nurse as you are so very kind and loving. You raised great kids.
    Nice,sunny weather in St.Louis continues.
    I have a Sadie too, its me just like your Sadie.
    Enjoy your day. Be safe and well.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. With age comes wisdom, right?? Too bad we don’t have the benefit of life’s experiences when we’re young, like your granddaughters! A story as old as time…. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have 2 lives…the second one where ya could make different decisions than you made 1st time around, if you wanted. Now that’s a daydream, isn’t it? ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was told by pretty much everyone in my family that I wasn't smart enough to go to college. So of course I went - but it was challenging. However, I am the only one of the 5 of us (me, my sister, & my 3 cousins) who graduated with a Bachelor's degree. I went back to the University when my 5 children were rather young. I worked hard at home and also at school - but I did it! Like you, I didn't really think I had the opportunities then!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!