Thursday, July 13, 2023

Measure your life in "moments"

 

 

We have sun----  with mosquitoes--I had to put Lopez's jacket on him this morning as the  bugs were flying  all over him--and on me-also--but--bless his heart, he did his business-----I had to walk a long way tho----He sure will miss Tyson, our dughter's dog--They played and played together--
Tyson is the little black guy--The blond doggie  is Gerrard, Son#2's dog---For having so many dogs visiting Gramma (that is me!)- they were not a problem at all--just part of the family--so much better than boarding them. And, they loved the lake!

It is SO hard to see them go---She will stay in Gaylord   to-night---en route to Ohio to-morrow. We all had the best time ever!---It was so much fun to "ALL" be together--even the dogs enjoyed it! 

-

and it all began with the above man- My Grandfather, holding my oldest brother, who is now in a LTC care place--and above, these 2 Ladies----  my Grandmother on my Moms side, who I never knew---
This is Himself's Dad--Watson- with Himself's one sister--Auntie May---So, we are one of many--- Don't you jess wish you could call these people up---chat with them about their lives?-----What were their biggest problems?--- How did they overcome all of them?--
I always feel that all of them, are in us, cheering for us--sending us strength---pushing us to keep going---and, we must, ----for them--- because--we really represent, all of them now! 

so before you all think that I have gone completely bonkers here, I believe, that you measure your life, not in years, but in moments--


Hug your family--- Be there for them-----Stay safe--- and I shall see you to-morrow- 



 


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful inserts.
    All the kids, grands and dogs gone. Your days will be more quiet. Savor the beautiful memories.
    Hoping things continue to go well with DH.
    Stay strong.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to see them go----but--I know it has go happen--- and at least we have memories- Yu are right-Lynda

      Delete
  2. I know how hard it is to see everyone go home, but you did make some awesome memories or "moments" as per your blog today. I also have sent you an email that you need to see....hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i shall check yer email right now Sandra--Thank yu--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Glad all the doggies got along.Nice to have everyone there for a few days. And himself was ok for the time there were all there. And Lopez has also been good since after his attack on you. Keep up being "master dog"! Now relax for the day. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda--Yu are right-- I think it is 3 days since Lopez turned into Cujo-- so far, good today-Lynda

      Delete
  4. I am there for my family...mostly on FB. My daughter is the closest with her hubby and my grandson who just turned 14. Someday I will have the wherewithal to visit my eldest and youngest son still in the Chicago area, and my doc son and DIL in California again.
    I have a 'big sister' living here. We are always there for each other.
    Family is so important. I still get inspiration and (I swear) ideas and assistance from my mom and grandma and who knows who else that are now In Spirit.
    In the photo of the family and dogs, I do not see Lopez or Beau.
    We carry on! Yours, in love...{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu know, yu are right--- I dunno why Lopez and beau were not there-- I must check again--- Yu were good to notice that--and yu are so right-Family is so important-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Awwww, sending (((HUGS))) to you and wishing your DD safe travels. So glad you had such a lovely family visit! Love the pictures. Such memories.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great memories eh?--- and it was so so good for Himself to see them all--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Who belongs to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? My dog is a Cavapoo, and I have a fondness for Cavies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dog belongs tgo son#4-- she has seizures too-- beautiful dog tho-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. It's Kathy. I love the idea of measuring my life in miracles - not years. I know how hard it is to say goodbye when you know it will be a long time before you see your child again. But we must treasure the wonderful moments we enjoyed while they were here! I'm so glad your Grandson is helping with your lawn. After my dad passed away my sons took care of my mom's yard. I think 3 of her yards would fit into yours but I don't believe she ever mowed the lawn in her life! I was so proud of my sons for helping. Have a lovely evening! Oh, and I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps just go have the Grandson come over--- and Kathy--I know thy all cannot live in town, but it sure is hard to see them go--Lynda

      Delete
  8. Love the pictures of family. It sure is hard to let them go home tho...
    your kids that is........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sad to see them go--- Lynda

      Delete
  9. As long as we hold their memories in our hearts, they live on! How timely, given I had been thinking about those in my own family who have "moved on".

    Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!