Saturday, July 27, 2024

Needing Natural Serotonin Boosters?


-always a busy day here---I began the day with banking--  our property taxes have gone up--- about $100--Everything is going up--always a bit of a worry--seems OK  now and hopefully nothing breaks---I think everyone living on a "fixed income" must be having these same thoughts----like---  "maybe I should get a job"-----  at 82 yrs old---not going to happen-----
I think we all are a bit weird---and that is OK---

So---I must tell you that my wonderful  person who helps me with the grass, was here yesterday afternoon. He told me that he was not going to cut the lake side of the house , but instead , would weed whack  areas down to the lake.---  I went down after a couple of hours to see what he had done, and he weed whacked the hill , and right down to the shore line, and it is just magnificent----so much better!--This man is not a young person, and how on earth he  did that with out falling down that hill, blows my mind---What a good guy eh???--plus, he restrung the weed whacker----

Another thing that took over 2 hrs to do yesterday afternoon, was to get a "Be Well" card that allows for 20% off at a local pharmacy--The pharmacy sent me home with all the paper work--So, I decided that having this card might just save the budget---  They told me---  "IT WOULD BE EASY  TO DO"---
It wasn't----After 2 hrs sitting on the computer, on a long distance call, I believe the card is now registered-What a chore----all that for 20 % off an item-Do any of you carry these discount cards in your wallet? Lord  Love A DUCK!----It sure was not fun trying to register  it---What we have to do to keep the budget intact---

So, this day has begun--- We have sunshine--We have the AC on----Himself seems happy-- The laundry is done--AND--folded--We are not ill---There is  a new woman heading for the White House -(God is in Heaven-----Remember, Women do hold up half the sky!)--The Olympics is on the TV- 

Now, what more could we ask on this fine day---?--And--if you need something to boost your Serotonin, --your happiness--- read  below---
I love you to the Moon--and, even back!



 

11 comments:

  1. We just paid our property taxes, too. Huh . . . they never go down, do they! OY

    Soooo glad you had that wonderful helper to do all that weed whacking . . . AND he did it w/o falling. THAT’S good.

    Yes, we definitely do all kinds of things to keep a rein on the budget. We do have a pharmacy card for discounts, but it doesn’t sound as complicated at all like yours! Glad you did it, though. It’s a savings.

    LOVE all the serotonin boosters! Keeping that list.

    Hugs and have a great weekend.

    Blessings
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb--- nice message--very upbeat-- Yu are so good to write-I feel like I know yu--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Ugh! Property taxes - they never go down is right! I pay mine in 4 separate payments which makes the pain a little less painful! Love the serotonin boosters....makes me think I need a massage soon! You sound so much more upbeat in your blog today! I responded to your blog yesterday later in the evening. I hope you can still go back and read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Property taxes here are paid monthly--yes I did read your response last nite-- always enjoy hearing from yu--Lynda

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. How wonderful that your lawn man did your entire hill down to the shoreline. My husband will mow the lawn but I don't think he's used the weed wacker in a month! I hate all the very tall weeds that grow in the back of the yard - other years I would have pulled them all, but I can't really do it this summer. I wish I could make him understand that I would feel so much better if our yard looked a little nicer! It's frustrating! We're having a string of really hot days. Daisy love when the A/C is on - she lays right by the register. I hope it's a good day for you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hard to keep the yard work done--I understand that--It has been very hot here too-- but the heat has killed most of the flies-- nice!--Lynda

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis, I love you more! For who and what you are, for your mostly positive attitude, for your advice...I could go on.
    Saved all the memes today.
    Not much doing today around here. My grandson's game was marvelous yesterday, but the drive was not. The park was on the northwest side of Minneapolis. I live 45 miles to the south east of the city. Part of the drive involved driving through a tunnel where a sign was posted that "hazardous materials are not allowed!" Cooper made some great plays at first base. I brought bags of sunflower seeds (all the boys love them). When the game was over, he told me he loves me!
    I am so ready for Kamala! I've already donated small amounts of $ several times and will do more every check I get.
    Meant to catch some Olympics last night, but wasn't able to yet. I have a 'smart tv.' Things are a day behind on the apps. I love the gymnastics! The men are awesome...and Simone? Wow!
    I am sure you are awed by that dear man who whacked for you! And you won't need to go in right away to have it restrung!
    Saved all the memes today!
    Here's wishing all four of you a wonderful day and weekend. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie--YU are truly amazing! Nice that the Grandson loves yu! Nice that he can say that! Kamala is a breathe of fresh air isn't she?----I trimmed trees this afternoon -nice to be outside--no bugs anymore either--plus Fred was good to-day--- Enjoyed yer message-- Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda, I commented early today but apparently it didn't publish. I'll keep it short.
    Taxes...ugh. cost of everything...ugh. I keep a tight rein on spending, because I have to. I have no control over utility prices, gasoline or anything else, but I'm tired of it.
    I sent you a private message on FB messenger.
    Love your yard man. At first I thought he wasn't going to be able to cut for you. Glad he's doing it...and however he wants to do it great. Super that he restrung weed whacker too. Good guy.
    Hope today is good for you. Sadie did a lot. We're done and pooped.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Weird is good! Isn't everyone weird in one form or another?
    Great inserts. Thanks for always brightening my day.
    Marge/St.Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marge I'll look for yer message-- nice day here--not as busy--I id a lot of tree trimming-- Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!