Friday, July 26, 2024

Never miss a chance to laugh...or to love


 Good morning----busy day here--always seems to be---Himself at the Lodge--- (seems very frail)--

Lopez went with me yesterday to the hair dresser ---even tho I needed colour--which makes my appointment longer--but Lopez  was good--sat on my lap most of the time--but-----  There is always that "BUT"-----
--when I returned home, Himself was trying to cook dinner---The kitchen looked like a disaster area---- Apparently Himself was trying to make chicken soup--somehow dropped a bag of tiny round noodles all over the kitchen floor--chicken pieces were on the counter--pots and used pans were everywhere--I wanted to cry---as I walked thru the noodles--It took a few hours to  clean it all up--- 

Himself cannot cook anymore--- especially when I am not at home--Poor man eh?--He said he tried to clean it up--the noodles on the floor---I even had wet noodles on my bare feet--

--so, his clean up job "was not cutting it"-----  From now on--NO MORE Cooking------by Himself---  'specially when I am not home--

So, I recognize that life is beginning to change here--  Himself seems  so frail---- more so everyday--I really do need someone to spend time with him, when I have to go out---to the hair Lady--


Time to get my head out of the sand and deal with what is going on here--Himself is almost 96 and trying so hard to cope  with life, as he becomes more frail---Old age certainly is  not easy---I don't believe even my children recognize how difficult his days have become--

-I remember when my Mom moved to town, --after residing in Florida for many many years. I assumed that she was my same Mom---  fit--doing everything--her cooking   her cleaning--It was difficult for me to accept that her sight had gone--her ability to read recipes was not there--and Dad and her would arrive at out house, usually at dinner time--- I never clued in that she was older--AND SHE WAS STILL DRIVING-----kinda like me now---

    So---  "AGING" --- is difficult for us to accept-------and yet it is a normal part of life isn't it?--
My poor Himself---He is trying so hard  to be just  as normal as he always was----It's up to me to help him isn't it?--Lord love a Duck!!  --- I love him to the moon and back--







14 comments:

  1. OMG! Well, so sorry that Himself made such a disaster in the kitchen for you to come home to. *SIGH* But glad you got your hair appointment and Lopez was able to come w/you. Definitely sounds like it’s time to put that rule in place . . . Himself cannot cook unless you are present!

    Surprised your kids didn’t see Himself’s frailty when they were there. But then, kids tend to wear rose colored glasses. *SIGH*

    Absolutely, aging is difficult to accept. But . . . after taking care of my parents, I can see . . . the consequences of NOT accepting it are far worse. Really.

    We all know you love Himself to the moon and back. For sure. And I know HE knows that, too . . . and feels the safe way right back at you! That’s the beauty of love.

    HUGS and blessings and more hugs

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Barb-Kids do not notice things--only when they want to see stuff--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Sis, aging can be hard. That's why I follow the Law of Attraction and focus on what's good in my life, in my situation. I am sure Himself doesn't understand that. You do a bit, though. You focus on the fact that you still have him with you even though he needs more help.
    If someone could stay with him when you do hair or errands, it would help.
    I saved 2 memes today and will share them.
    I've already been out getting gas, taking my wheeless friend on her errands and picking up fish sandwiches for $1.99 for the two of us and JoAnne.
    Hope to get a brief snooze in before I will get in the car for an hour drive to see my grandson play baseball! Haven't done that yet this year.
    A couple more errands then, when I get home I plan to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Exciting times.
    The Obamas finally came out to support Kamala.
    Tomorrow is karaoke.
    Please, Lynda, find reasons to enjoy your day...remember never miss a chance to dance, to laugh, to love! {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to keep him with me--Yes I do! Yes I wish I had someone to stay with him when I have to go out-Lynda-

      Delete
  3. PHOENIX1949

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough be watch him age-- Lynda

      Delete
  4. Keep that good attitude! Aging is difficult, but we all must look for the little joys and keep on moving. I know it is hard to see your husband failing as he ages and know that time marches on and none of us know how much time we or our loved ones have left, but try to focus on things like the fact that he WANTED to cook dinner. :) Unfortunately it created a lot of extra work for you and I bet you did not end up with any chicken soup as a reward. :) You do an amazing job trying to keep it all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No--I did not eat the soup-- LOOL-- How dod yu know?--Lynda

      Delete
  5. hi Lynda: Glad you were able to get your hair done. And Lopez probably got extra attention. Re himself, probably needs to get extra attention by someone who can come around and spend time with him. And if he's getting more frail hopefully you can get him to stop cooking. Can he go to the Lodge more often or no. I'm surprised your daughter didn't notice anything - being a nurse. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes he needs to stop cooking-- - Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good tho--93 is a very good age--Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Kathy--Thank yu- Yu pray for us?--so good of yu--Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda
    Sorry about mess you were greeted with at home.
    Hope your day went well
    Marge/ST.LOUIS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post triggered memories for me of my own dad's decline... I did not want to accept that he had "forgotten" how to operate his computer/write e-mails, etc. Even though he flat out said so. But looking at some of the last few emails he did send... it was obvious that this man who had once been a reporter, photographer, and editor of in-house publications... was, in fact, losing his edge. Sigh. He was gone within six months of my accepting this fact. Sometimes it takes us a long time to accept that the "immortals" in our life, aren't.

    Hugs & hope that despite the grief of acceptance, some peace comes with it. May you find the help that is needed, both for you and for Himself.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!