Thursday, July 11, 2024

Please don't be a jerk.

It's a good day to have yourself a great day--The sun is out--a clear blue sky--Lopez and I walked but --will have to get him out again , later. We did not see Mr. Fox, lurking in the bushes ,  this morning, of which I was very happy. 

So, how are you all surviving this summer heat?--  Do you have visitors? Do you remember that you are stronger than you believe?  Are you feeling as tired as I am to-day?---Of course, I am going over in my head, all the reasons that I should be ecstatic that I am alive --It helps to be  grateful for small  mercies (Mom always said that!)

There are many reasons that I must not feel overburdened---  that life sometimes seems overwhelming--


#1. I am not sick----Of course I could be harbouring a dreadful unknown disease, of which I am unaware-(hope not!)

#2. So far, I am taking care of this house quite well-- paying the bills, keeping it in good care--doing the yard work--mostly all alone and I am proud that I can do all this

#3. AND , THE MOST IMPORTANT--I have not eaten ice cream in weeks and weeks----since my last blood work--

#4. I survived big Beau's departure , into Heaven--(altho it nearly broke my heart) ---and Lopez and I are trying to deal with a Chihuahua's very different temperament---but--   he is trying hard to deal with a HUMAN---ME!---We seem to be doing better---I have come to like the wee fellow.

                                                            



#5.I am taking care of a 96 yr old person--who can't hear--but,  it is going better than it used to--and he is trying to deal with an older woman who likes everything the way it used to be (which it can never be again)                                                            


I wonder what all the benefits of getting old are?--Hmmmmmm--

So. we carry on --and on---- and we appreciate those who  have gone before us---I never realized their strengths ---how they faced everyday, like we are doing now?-

Are you "hissing " at strangers?-- staring at them from the windows-?--napping anytime, anyplace?--I believe that I am---So----We laugh at ourselves--- are kind  to our old friends--- meow at our cat---and, wonder what  the man in the moon will be like--


So, never forget to be awesome--- remember that you really are stronger than you believe--and always smile,  take time to smile  at other people and be ever so kind--
BUT
BUT













14 comments:

  1. Sis, great blog...again! Saved 2 memes: the cat one and the jerk one.
    You know what I do after our wonderful conversation yesterday.
    Himself can hear half way now, correct?
    I still think you're Wonder Woman with all you do.
    I found the laundry room empty this morning, and I got 2 loads done. If I count sheets, towels, etc. I still have more, but I need to get more quarters. Sadie helped me.
    Not much else so far.
    I know you love your pets and your family.
    Is it calmer now with the extended family and service people gone for now? Are you going for hair today? You will enjoy that.
    Off for now as the laundry needs to go in the dryer.
    Keep that smile on your face...no matter what! {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie--the cat one and the jerk meme-They were quite cute-Yes I had my hair done--- I go to a Ladies house-- Was great to talk to you in person--LOL-- just hope it didnt cost yu an arm and a leg--- Hugs to Lucky from Sushi-- Lynda

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda, Good morning. Great blog, loved it. You, dear lady, are awesome!
    Happy you haven't had ice cream for a while. Your body thanks you.
    You do an amazing job of managing your gigantic house plus the outside. Clap, clap and a giant GOOD ON YOU.
    Loved your inserts today. The cat made me giggle out loud. Thank you.
    I think it's hair day for you. Don't do yardwork after hair day lol. If you need perking up, you can play your freshly tuned piano. Himself and the pets enjoy that too.
    No company for me this summer. No family left. When is DD leaving? I enjoyed summer as a kid but not so much now. It's been miserably hot this year.
    I hope your day is awesome, just like you. Keep smiling and keep that positive attitude.
    If we take the time, we can all find hundreds of things to be grateful for, or at least I can.
    Hugs and blessings
    Marge/St.Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marge--- I think we are All pretty awesome--That cat meme was funny wasn't it?---I believe Allison will be leaving Saturday-I shall miss them, but --well, it has been quite busy here-- Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  3. Lynda, we sure have many hills, lumps and bumps to get over as we age, especially in our 'old' age so let's get a jeep and ride over them! My gosh, wouldn't that be fun? :)

    So, my dear friend, we keep on going, do the best we can and see the good in life. Best of all, we keep a smile on our faces, music in our hearts and know that life is good.

    Love you, Lynda, be sure to take care of yourself too. You are important and very much loved! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria YU are special--Growing "older" is interesting for sure-- It has its good points and then there are different things happening--I have learned that Lopez loves only me--- and I do really care for him-- He is very intelligent--- He can yoddel so loud when he is left alone--so different than a shepherd, but he is so loving--- Thank yu so much for writing--I do love yu---Yu are special you know!-Lynda

      Delete
  4. We had a little break from the heat for about a week, but it's coming back over the next few days. Ember and I are doing our best. Like you and Lopez, we're getting better at understanding one another. Just now she's been put to nap in her crate, as she started chewing on the mat by the back door. We just had gone on a short walk, and I need a nap, too.

    Take care of you is great advice for all of us! You are not just stronger than you think, you are more beloved than you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Barb--Life with a dog is the best! Poor Ember -chewing the matt--LOL---- Puppies chew everything--I think their teeth hurt them---so they chew--but--they grow out of that--Lynda

      Delete
  5. You're doing all right for yourself, Lynda. Taking care of you, 96 yr. old Himself and young Lopez. You ARE strong!

    Love all the memes, but that last one . . . well I showed it to DH. LOL! He said "OK" and so far, so good today! Wahoo.

    HUGS and blessings, and strength

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb--Yes One needs strength--Very hot day here today--=about 94 outside right now-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda: Great blog. Yes I also wonder how old just snuck up on me when I wasn't looking! I'm in awe of how you are able to do so much. Keep it up dear lady! Glad Lopez is fitting in better. How much longer is your daughter and family there? Guess they will be leaving soon. Hope the rain has disappeared for their drive home. Have a good night. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brenda--- Good to hear from yu--The daughter and family probably leave Saturday--not too sure--so good to see them-- and she helps a lot but--very busy--- nice hot day here to-day-=Lynda

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynda! Nice weather in Ohio today. Our pets sure do keep us hopping but they are worth it. Yes, we must be strong. My tinnitus is crazy this week. Audiologist on Monday. I wonder if Allison knows of any remedies or medication. They say no cure.. I think it was caused by a medication a few years ago. I know she is a nurse. Sooo proud of you not eating ice cream. I do at times but not much but love it as you know. Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall ask her about your tinnitus-- so hot here to-dayLynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!