Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Wake up every morning and tell yourself: I can do this!


 Good Morning--- a bit after 9am---  so I'm trying to get on here earlier---  No day program for Himself--and no pressing  things to do to-day---  Well, a few errands to run later on---  and I have been out and it's cold! I even brought up my parka ready for another morning--

So, I do not know if I am "coming or going"--literally-I figure it will all fall into place one day--I just know that there are leaves all over the place, outside , and I shall have to do one area at a time--- to get rid of the leaves--Lopez and I have been out---He will have to go out again later on--  Himself is OK -maybe even happy to be here at home---Who knows?-- 

Son#2 is in Brazil---said it was bit of a rough ride going over the equator --lotza "chop" as he calls it. No pictures have come this way yet--He did say it was warm there.

I am expecting Sadie to drop in and help me  work on the upstairs rooms here. You know that she is a very efficient cleaning Lady---(who is really me!)--And someday I must lug all the summer clothing down, and the warmer winter wear up--Where on earth did the summer go?--And speaking of  time passing, where  did my "youth" ever go"---  We really are not on this earth very long are we?--

And I don't even feel old!-----  Lord love a Duck!--- I feel like , maybe---  60 yrs ?????--BUT I"M WAY OVER THAT! 
Anyway, We are so fortunate to be alive to-day---and, the flu shot and another Covid shot  is available here on the 25th--I feel like this will be Covid Shot #1025 -----   (It's really a lot less than that!)--

--So, Are you happy to-day?---  I certainly hope so---Lopez and I had a good talk this AM---  He has come a very long way--- understands English now-(He used only speak "Chihuahua"-which is a very strange language!)---  He never bites me anymore---  has stopped hoarding food in his bed---- and he listens to ALL my troubles---even tho he doesn't seem to care, but I feel ever so much better , after   sharing them with him---

Life IS good---'specially if we decide to make it that way----  Be thankful that you aren't a Chihuahua--

-














12 comments:

  1. Lynda, I am happy I'm me.
    Leaves are everywhere, but, shockingly, we have lots of trees that aren't even changing color yet. Strange weather all this year.
    I speak cat. My Lucky has a favorite word..."Meow." What he means by that word depends on where he is, what I am doing, etc. I can usually tell. He listens to me and often I believe he knows exactly what I am saying. If it's something I want him to do (or not do), he doesn't always do it...but he knows what I want!
    What would we ever do without our fur babies (or furbies... that's a word I learned on SparkPeople).
    I won't need Sadie much today. Just helping put groceries away if I am able to shop after the eye doc with my eyes dialated.
    Glad Himself is happy today. That is a very good thing.
    Will check back here later, of course. Hope the day for all four of you proceeds the way you want it to. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie--I am happy you are "you!"--Yu are so funny--It was a good day-himself behaved! Lynda

      Delete
  2. Cooler weather here, too. But still not . . . WINTER! Thank goodness.

    Hope all goes well w/Himself. Glad that at least for now he seems to be content @ home. May it continue on.

    Oh I know. It’s a puzzle where the time goes – where youth goes. *SIGH*

    Awww, sounds like Lopez is becoming a nice little gentleman. That’s so nice!

    Yup . . . have to keep a smile on the face and a positive attitude!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu are so positive! Nice Barb--was a good day here all day--Lynda

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. I talk to Daisy all the time. She listens and respond accordingly. She understands so much of what I say, but she also interprets my actions. She's happy I don't put on my gym clothes these days but today I started putting my shoes on and she slumped off to her kennel. Of course, she wanted me to know that she was NOT happy that I was going someplace. I went to physical therapy today - drove for the first time in 7 weeks. It was scary and amazing! And I got some real exercises that I must do - twice a day, 7 days a week. YEAH!!! Finally something to help strengthen my body! Another warm day for us. I think we'll just have summer and then it will snow! I'm sure Sadie will do a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was SNOW in the weather report this evening--not here, but close=Lynda

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynda, I so admire and love your positivity! You're the best!
    I'm pleased Lopez has turned into a good boy. No biting mom. Yay. Talk away to Lopez, he listens.
    Sadie was here early. We got done what we're doing today. She's all yours.
    I do hope himself has a good day as when he does,,you and your friends here also have a good day. I assume youve heard no updates from Lodge reopening. Yes, it feels like we've had at least 60 covid shots...not really but a lot. We're getting flu shots Sunday.
    Have a wonderful day, stay positive, happy and strong.
    Much love and many hugs
    Marge/St.Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotza covid shots eh??-- It sounds like your day was good--same here-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda! So happy Lopez has grown out of the terrible 2’s! LOL The only language Tommy speaks is BALL! He loves to play fetch! Kloi is 8 so she just wants left alone. I bet it is warm in Brazil. It is 58 in Ohio right now but low 50’s later in the week. How was your day? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank yu for asking=-My day went well=-nice!--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Happy today! Having a huggable puppy really does make for a happy human. Even with all the challenges. Today I kind of "took time out" to watch a TV show I hadn't seen before, something produced in Australia.

    Ember sends Happy Thanksgiving wishes to Lopez and all his humans, and Prisoner sends the same to Sushi and all her humans, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ember sounds like she is enjoying life!!==Nice that Prisoner and Ember send all their good wishes--Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!