Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A very old story--

The above picture was taken last evening ---  The 2  boys--the big Beau with little Lopez ---

-We have sun, with cold temps--and--SNOW predicted for to-morrow--  depressing--10 to 15 cm predicted which I really hope is wrong---You know, I have tried very hard , over the past 2 snowfalls, to NOT shovel---  my  left wrist was so sore--inflamed, and hot to the touch--and my rt shoulder-- Himself told me it is probably arthritis in the joints--  Lord love a Duck!--- --- Stopping the shovelling really has helped but--- there is still tenderness in my joints- in those 2 areas--You know, I remember my Grampa having that in his hands and I can remember sitting at their table and studying his mis --shapen hands--And-- now me! 

This was my Grampa , on our far rt--with the hat on--my Dad on the left--Just look how Grampa was dressed! --Yu would never see that to-day----  I remember absolutely loving this Grampa-- I remember him holding my 2 hands , when I was a young kid, and the 2 of us danced around his kitchen, as he said, "A heel and a toe and away we go."


-and here is a very old picture of his Mom and Dad and their 13 children. Grampa was the youngest--right in the middle of this picture.  They emigrated from Scotland-- His Dad's name was George and him Mom's name was Mary-- and they settled near Oshawa, Ontario, on a farm--Just look at the size of this one family! --  And no-one is wearing jeans! 

Now how on earth did I ever get onto all this?-- Lord love a Duck! 



 

12 comments:

  1. I'm hoping the snow prediction is wrong. Enough is enough.
    Great old family pictures and lovely memories.
    Have a good day. No shoveling.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics from awesome times. Wishing for no more snow! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you do not get all that snow, hope the weather people are wrong! It is painful to shovel when you have arthritis in your wrist and shoulder, and if the area is warm to the touch, it is time to stop. Have you given any thought to where you would move to, if you had to leave for health reasons? Thinking ahead…..that or hiring people to stay with you. Ah yes, these are our tender years……sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your snow prediction is wrong, too. I am ready for spring and no more winter!

    LOVE the pictures of your Dad and Grandpa and Great Grandpa. So many memories.

    And Beau and Lopez look content even sharing the same space! That's good

    HUGS
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very handsome grandpa! My grandpa wore a hat just like that! Sorry about your hands. I think that darn arthritis might be taking a hold of my hands too, especially my right one. Seems like everything is falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, you are lucky to have those old photos and to know who the people in them are!

    I had a bunch from my mom when she passed...I knew none of the people and they were not marked!

    Love the photo of the dogs! One day you may get one with Sushi, too.

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beau and Lopez look good and quite happy! Hope you don't get all that snow. If you do, don't be shoveling it. Either get the plow guy to do it or wait for it to melt. Thursday is supposed to be a lot warmer. Love the old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny, we get older and our grandparents start looking oh, so young in those photos! I remember my great-grandfather putting my feet on his to teach me to waltz... memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old family photos. It is a good way to keep the history going.
    Beth Mosko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope they were wrong about the extra snow....we are facing severe
    weather Wednesday.....gee....why does it always come in the afternoon
    and evening. Hang in there Lynda...I mowed the yard today and the rt.
    shoulder and left thumb along with my back are griping at me which explains why I am online at 115AM...............

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always LOVE your photos! My Grandpa dressed just as yours did...I never saw him leave the house without a suit and top hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your history! The pictures are awesome! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!