Sunday, March 20, 2022

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way!


 It is Sunday----Spring begins to-day-- a " spring in yer step"----seems appropriate  to-day--  I see that some of you have spotted a robin-- I have not---yet---but, I'm sure that Mother Robin that raised her one wee baby last summer, will make her way back here --with the wee one---We still have ice and snow, but, I can see the driveway now in spots popping thru the ice.

This morning , Lopez decided he wanted to walk the back road--so, good thing I had my cleats on--AND---he did his business back there--which, to me, is an act of God, because then I can turn  around and come back home! ---

I have decided to not shop to-day---  The bananas can wait--I'll get there to-morrow morning , by 8am--less people then I hope! ---- 

 Yesterday, Himself went into the sunroom, to take big Beau out and he didn't return--for ages---  and it was dark---about 9pm--- so--out I went, and no Himself-- Lord love a Duck! --I spotted him, on the driveway, IN HIS SLIPPERS-----  shovelling snow--Snow had fallen from the roof and was sitting on the bricks in front of the garage-- I could not believe it!-----IN HIS BEDROOM SLIPPERS----I know  that one cannot see the ice on these bricks--plus--  He has already fallen at least 3 times--had to be sewn up--his head and his arms----He could not see anything wrong with the whole scene-

-I do my best to watch him, but, there are times it is just impossible--  I would NEVER wear my slippers outside-- but----I have to accept that I  cannot always be there to watch him--He should realize the problems of walking outside in bedroom slippers--I can only do so much--- and have to accept that  sometimes it is just not enough-

I took time yesterday to play the piano--I LOVE MY PIANO---I have not been asked to play at Carnegie Hall ever, --or--for the Queen---but---  the piano sure does relax my soul-----Perhaps  dancing  to-day will be a good thing also--We are so fortunate to live where we do---

 I will enjoy the day--even if I have to hide all himself's bedroom slippers---(That might be a good idea!)_





17 comments:

  1. How precious. Shoveling snow in slippers. And in the dark..maybe it’s time for an Apple Watch connected to your phone. That way all you have to do is press find my watch and walk-in talkie to him. He can call you too.
    My granddaughter wears her Mum’s watch while she’s out playing when they are in a caravan park, and can ring her any time. She also rings me and her aunties if her play mates are boring her ,or fighting with her! Not sure what I can do from 50 k away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scenario. Sigh. Sure glad himself made it safely back in the house. No...you can't watch him every minute.
    So GLAD to hear you played your piano. Please keep it up. Sure, add dancing today. Why not.
    Be safe,well and warm.
    Hugs dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you can't watch himself every minute. But what if he had wandered farther away...in the dark...not dressed for the weather? So sorry to say Lynda but when the time comes that his life is in danger perhaps it is time for you to think about making other arrangements. No one ever wants to go into a care facility but sometimes it is the safest place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Willow --I do know that--but--it isn't that time yet-- Hopefully I can keep him safe--but--he is SO soooooo stubborn--- I will remember yer advice tho Lynda-

      Delete
  4. My DH suffers from dementia, too, and would tend to wander. We finally solved the problem by hanging bells on the exterior doors. They sound a warning when he tries to go outside and I'm in another room. There are just too many dangers. We don't have bears or a big lake...I would be sooo worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatta great idea! I will do that--Thank yu Lynda

      Delete
  5. Yes, with the rain we’ve had, the robins are chubby – plenty of worms. And boy are they tweeting away. Very territorial. Mating! Nesting.

    Good job, little Lopez! You made your Mom happy!

    OH MY GOODNESS! Himself scooping snow in his bedroom slippers! Lord have mercy. YOU DO have your hands full. *SIGH** And probably no amt of lecturing would make a difference. Yup . . . you can only do so much.

    Happy you got to play your piano! It is relaxing for the mind and soul.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, what a fright, to not know where Himself is. Time to check out places where he might have to go at some point, to be prepared before hand. Just in case. So it would not be a rush decision. Scary fir both of you. Have heard so many awful stories, better to be safe. Darn it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear himself made it safely back inside. My goodness....house slippers.
    Happy to hear you played your piano!
    Have a safe, well, pleasant day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynda, Himself is cared for by his inner being (the part still in Spirit). He will be fine until it's time for him to transition. It's a fact of life for all life. It sure is hard for us to accept, though.

    I'd never go out in my slippers, either. He probably just thought it would be a quick trip but got distracted.

    I am happy you have your piano. Mucic soothes my soul, too.

    I have no bananas, either. Might also get them tomorrow. IF I can think of other things I want to buy.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((Hugs)) I admire your strength. Have a beautiful first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a tough one... you knew he'd gone out, but kind of didn't realize how long he'd been gone for a while. Glad he didn't go far, and that you got him back inside and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you were able to play your piano. My mom loved playing the piano and I still remember lying in bed listening to her at night. So relaxing. Daisy and I had a very short walk today - first one since mid-November. Tomorrow we're expecting 60 degrees - more melting! Another walk will be on the to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have Robins and Cardinals and several other species crowding around our bird feeder..poor babes are hungry. The Robins are digging around
    in the yard because of the rain...hope they all find a nice juicy worm.
    Happy Spring !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was surprised I actually saw a robin this morning for this first time when walking the dog. Something to think about - himself going out like that and how to know if he does it. Lopez is being good - hope he keeps it up. Be careful going to the store in the morning if it's slippery out.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!