Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Yu're off to great places, so get on yer way!

Good day to all! I was making beef soup--Son#1 had given us 3 humongous beef bones--so, I decided to cook them up , and have a pot of soup for supper .--- It has taken me 3 hrs to chop all the celery, tomatoes, onions barley--beef chunks-- tomatoes etc etc etc--I thought of the Ukrainian people exiting their country--This soup would help them  out! ---It takes a lot of time to cook  in my world!--Himself would make soup but----  He only does it all in the microwave and I don't like that! ------So, Sadie (and yu know that is really ME!)_has not been here to vacuum---yet!--

I was thinking of my Mom as I chopped veggies for the soup--how she always appeared at supper time--and she would stay for dinner without much encouragement. Funny, because I  used to wonder why  she appeared at a meal hour--here?-- a lot!----

 I understand now--as I age!--Isn't it too bad that I did not  understand  then,  the older generation?---  She came at meal time , -because she could not get a whole meal together-She had  severe macular degeneration--- Sad that I did not take the time , to realize the problems associated with that-------If I had only known then, how I feel now--older than old now--- aches and pains from the silly shovelling---- ---perhaps I could've prepared meals for her-- maybe shopped for her--done way more to help her out! 

Anyway, I took a couple pictures of the wee Lopez with big Beau--- Beau has too much kindness with Lopez--never nips at him--which is  exactly what Lopez needs at times-


The people with the Covid (our children and Grandchildren), so far, have not shared it with us!--Hopefully they won't! --And we have snow falling--AGAIN! Lord love a Duck!--  I have decided to not shovel it--allow it to melt! ---

Enjoy the day!--- yu can be off to great places---  and perhaps to-day IS your day--SO--Get on yer way!
 

11 comments:

  1. If I was closer I would gladly stop in for your soup, it sounds wonderful. It is nice to see that Beau and Lopez are getting along. I am glad that you aren't showing any signs of Covid. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef soup – the best, especially when it’s cold and snowy. It does take work and time to get all the veggies chopped. BUT you eat for days from the efforts (or at least a couple and then have goodies for the freezer!) Reminds me of when I was growing up. Dad always made huge vats (yes, I mean vats) of soup @ a time. Us kids would help with the veggie chopping. It seemed endless @ the time, but . . . the soup was so good!

    Awwww, so sweet to see Big Beau and Little Lopez sharing the same space and getting along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the process of making soup and having it simmer for a long time melting all those delicious flavors together - but it is getting to be a bigger process than it used to be. The good thing is that we usually have enough for 3 or 4 meals! Love the photos - looks like Beau and Lopez are becoming friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos of Beau and Lopez are positively precious! You're clearly a great dog-mom!

    I had to nod my head as I read about not understanding the older generation when we had not yet tasted "age" ourselves... or perhaps we were just too busy trying to keep up with our own children? Perhaps each generation has to learn these lessons for themselves, including us?

    Making a soup on a cold day, while the snow falls? Good therapy! Thinking of those on the other side of the planet who are in dire straights? Also good therapy. We have much to be thankful for.

    Warm thoughts sent your way, and wishes for the Spring to come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup sounds heavenly and perfect for a cold,snowy day.
    I suppose we start to understand the older generation as we, ourselves, get older. I'm sure you did everything you could for your parents.
    Great that Beau and Lopez get along.
    Stay well, safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup sounds really good. Enjoy. Good that Beau and Lopez are getting along. Glad you aren't showing any signs of Covid - maybe you didn't get it. More snow - mother nature really has gone overboard this year - especially up there. Have a good day and enjoy your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. I still do not understand how my parents used to come to stay with me for 1 to 3 months!!! All included!!! I never did that to them nor I'll do it to my kids. Not right.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet your soup was great, and enough for other meals. I rarely make soup, I tend to open a can, and that is enough. The fur kids look good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That soup would be perfect for us because we have snow falling for a couple of days.

    Hope that Covid stays far away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the soup is great. Believe it or not we had snow here in Alabama yesterday morning.......A whole quarter of an inch....then the sun came out and it was snowing to "beat the band" as my mom used to say.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!