Saturday, March 26, 2022

Best before dates sure confuse some people!

 



It is Sunday---which so far, is a good day--  yesterday was kinda weird-- Yu see, Himself  said he was not feeling well-- He told me, it was because all the milk in the house was bad--and it made him feel ill.

"Why do yu keep milk that is over it's "best before date"--?--is what he asked me. I didn't think there was milk in this house  in that state---but--  Himself really did look ill, as he sat on the stairs telling me this.

" Anyway, I threw it all out--4 quarts of old milk" he said.--

"and this was the day,  that we were supposed to go for your 4th vaccine--the 2nd booster--" I told him.

I spoke to Son#2, the Pilot-- "Mom, don't miss yer booster shots" he said, "because if you do, you will never get it again. Maybe Dad feels ill because he is afraid to go out--"

Well, I dragged Himself , with me--We did get the booster shots-- and while out there, I stopped for more milk.
"By the way" I asked the Lady in the grocery, "Is "M-A "--on the ticket on the milk, MAY--or MARCH?

"March is MAR", she replied--"May, is MA--"--

So guess what? All the milk Himself threw out was best before MA something or other-- 4 quarts of good milk went down the drain----- I suppose it was an honest mistake on Himself's part, but---  it was one more errand I had to do yesterday-- 
Lord Love A Duck! No-one would even guess what I must do, to take care of this man--


 

9 comments:

  1. I'm better about it now, but when the dates were in the late 'teens' (2017-2019), I kept mistaking milk use by dates because I'd read it as June 17 because the American in me, even after 25yrs just takes over and assumes the date is in that format instead of DAY Month YEAR. I don't think I ever threw any milk out, but I did buy milk and then realise I had more than I would need. I just put the extra in the freezer, which has saved me from having to run out at inconvenient times.

    Get your Booster. I'll get my 4th as soon as we're allowed (sometime next month is what I hear).

    Take care and be sure to hug your hubby and the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so tough, and the crazy thing is, he does not wait to ask you first….. this Dementia is awful, of course. Another of many weird things, I’m afraid. Hang tough, Lynda! Glad you got the boosters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH those best by dates are definitely confounding. LORD! 4 gallons of milk down the drain. **SIGH** Usually milk is good a week beyond the best by date. So . . . lord, all that milk!

    Yes, for sure you do a lot for your Himself. Deep down, for sure, he appreciates it.

    Hugs and hang in there.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got out to get your booster. I have had milk stay good for almost a week after it's date. . .especially if it always goes right back in the fridge and not sit out at all. Just say the post from yesterday . . .your hair looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you got your booster shots! And you got himself out of the house so maybe that will help him feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our milk here goes bad on the exact day on the milk carton. We have
    regular milk for one of my pills in a pint, otherwise I use almond milk
    for everything except the RARE occasion I make mashed potatoes, then I
    have to get a pint of milk for that.
    I have never seen milk dated for more than 2 to 3 weeks out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got your booster. I'm going to start checking things out to get us one.

    I'm so bad at looking at the dates. Now I'm going to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very happy you both got the booster. Have a pleasant night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dates can be confusing. Just another item on the big list of things you handle sigh
    Glsd you'll get your shots and get himself OUT

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!